Saturday, July 17, 2010

Training in Mammoth Lakes, CA

This weekend I've decided to combine my training with visiting great friends who live near Mammoth Lakes, CA, where the elevation is about 8000 ft. I've brought my wet suit, bike and running gear and I'm ready to go! Today, I will swim in June Lake for an hour, then I'll bike and run for an hour each around the lake, after my swim. Tomorrow, I'll bike for about 5 hours and I can't wait to go as I've been told about about a beautiful ride which sounds amazing. Our planet is an amazing place and the beauty of Mammoth Lakes reminds me how important it is for us to take good care of it. And, I'm honored to be dedicating my IM race to RACE4EARTH and the Center for Biological Diversity. And, if you haven't already done so, please be sure to support their vital work!